Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pocket Knitting

Dishcloths have rapidly become my favorite portable item to knit - super fast, requires minimal mental acuity and tucks to nicely in my favorite purse. "Pocket Knitting" is what I've dubbed these little gems.

Each week I have the distinct privilege of sitting in the cafeteria at the high school, and watching the little darlings heathens, scarf down their lunch in the most obnoxious manner possible and fly back out the door. During this time I knit dishcloths. It makes the duty almost tolerable. These simple knits permit me to keep my eyes on those delightful teens terrors that I have come to adore:D

Last week I was reading EZ, and I came across the Square Baby Blanket pattern in her book and thought - How would it look in a variegated dishcloth yarn. I gave it a test spin and was pleased with the results.
knitting dishcloths patterns 2
I liked it so much I made 3 more.
knitting dishcloths patterns
The yellow one was presented to a teacher whose birthday was a few days ago and she promptly put in a request for a few more. To which I graciously obliged. Someone please smack me - I'm doing it again.

Though I must admit that I'm rather embarrassed to be knitting dishcloths for all the world to see. They think I'm just a little touched in the head. I would rather be caught knitting something elegant or sophisticated in the public eye:D

For those of you who would like whip up a few I wrote a pattern for you to try. Give it a whirl and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment