Wednesday, April 30, 2014

About

I've made the switch to a more user friendly blog. Normally, I'm frugal but this is worth it. So what do you thing about my new blog?

Yeah! I found the sock yarn for my pal and a pattern that will complement the yarn. I knitted a sample today and the cadence is enjoyable and will be easy to execute. Now all I have to do is order the yarn and patiently wait for the snail mail treasure to arrive.

Today, I've been working on knitted "toe up designs" and have created the Ballerina toe, the French cross toe, the rounded toe, the star toe and the banded toe. Each toe is a mimick of it's toe down version. These toes were inspired by the book Knitting Vintage Socks from Nancy Bush. My preferance is to knit from the toe up. So I reversed enginered each toe. I'm sure someone has invented all of them. As of this time I have not found anything like them on the web. So they are new to me :0) I will post pictures of each with a working pattern soon.

My Beloved Commander is well again. This is a good thing. To celebrate we will go to Wood's Canyon Lake, after church this Sunday. We'll let the kids fish and sit in the sunlight and read. What a restful day that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment