Wednesday, April 30, 2014

On The Home Front

Hello Ladies,

It's good to be back in blog land. This week seemed to fly by and before I knew it was Friday. I like Fridays at 4:00 p.m. I completely enjoy leaving the ringing phone behind and go to the peace of my own home.

Most of this week I practiced knitting technique. (leaving my Ocean Blue Sock sadly sitting on their needles) Primarily the tubular bind-off. I finally have gotten that mastered. Yeah! I generally work toe-up sock and wanted a nice finish for my sock pal. The post man was kind enough to bring my yarn for Holiday Knits. It was ordered from Happy Trails Yarn. Enough for 2 pairs. I can hardly wait to get my fingers and needles into it. It's beautiful. By the way the Ocean Blue socks are done as of 2 p.m. today. Another finished object:)

This Thanksgiving it will be just the 3 of us plus DS best friend. Turkey Scallopinne will adorn our table. A turkey will be too much this year. The Christmas decorations will be brought down from the attic and decorating will begin again. When the house is brought to it's complete Christmas Glory an old holiday movie will play and then I can settle in for some sock knitting. Without massive amounts of family around there will be plenty of knitting for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment